The Pensacola Bay Bridge is currently closed to all traffic
The Pensacola Bay Bridge that connects Gulf Breeze and Pensacola via U.S. 98 is closed due to damage sustained during Hurricane Sally. Bridge repairs are underway, though at this time a schedule for completing the repairs is not available.
Drivers may detour using the Garcon Point Bridge on State Road 281 in Santa Rosa County. The bridge is now open to all vehicles and tolls have been temporarily suspended.
Here is a description of the detour:
From Pensacola to Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach:
1. Travel north on I-110 to I-10 eastbound.
2. Take I-10 eastbound to Exit 22 (Avalon Boulevard/State Road 281).
3. Travel south on S.R. 281, cross the Garcon Point Bridge, and continue to U.S. 98.
4. Travel west on U.S. 98 to Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach.
From Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach to Pensacola:
1. Take U.S. 98 eastbound to State Road 281.
2. Travel north on State Road 281.
3. Continue north on S.R. 281, crossing the bay via the Garcon Point Bridge.
4. At I-10, turn west to Pensacola.