The Pensacola Bay Bridge detour routes
The Pensacola Bay Bridge that connects Gulf Breeze and Pensacola via U.S. 98 is closed due to damage sustained during Hurricane Sally. Bridge repairs are underway.
Drivers may detour using the Garcon Point Bridge on State Road 281 or via S.R. 87, both in Santa Rosa County.
Click here for the Garcon Point Bridge (S.R. 281) and S.R. 87 detour maps.
Here are turn-by-turn directions for the Garcon Point Bridge detour.
From Pensacola to Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach:
1. Travel north on I-110 to I-10 eastbound.
2. Take I-10 eastbound to Exit 22 (Avalon Boulevard/State Road 281).
3. Travel south on S.R. 281, cross the Garcon Point Bridge, and continue to U.S. 98.
4. Travel west on U.S. 98 to Gulf Breeze or Pensacola Beach.
From Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach to Pensacola:
1. Take U.S. 98 eastbound to State Road 281.
2. Travel north on State Road 281.
3. Continue north on S.R. 281, crossing the bay via the Garcon Point Bridge.
4. At I-10, turn west to Pensacola.
Here are turn-by-turn directions for the State Road 87 detour.
From I-10 to U.S. 98, using State Road 87:
1. Take I-10, Exit 31 (State Road 87) south.
2. Continue to south on State Road 87 to U.S. 98 in Navarre.
3. Travel west on U.S. 98 to Gulf Breeze or Pensacola Beach.
From U.S. 98 to I-10, using State Road 87:
1. Travel U.S. 98 to State Road 87 in Navarre.
2. Go north on State Road 87 to I-10.
3. Go west on I-10 to Pensacola.
For the latest information on the Pensacola Bay Bridge repair activities, visit https://www.fdot.gov/info/PensacolaBay.